Serving on a ministry allows for many opportunities to meet God. It takes courage to participate and sometimes pushes us to step out of our comfort zone.
Some of my personal experiences are:
- Prayer Chain- sending a prayer to someone who is grieving or being on the receiving end of a thoughtful message when in a time of need..
- Church St Eats-witnessing so many people –homeless and under-privileged so grateful for a warm meal.
- Children’s Sunday-Watching my kids and other youth participate in pageants and the children’s services –courageous enough to stand up and do readings, act out God’s teachings and serve at the altar as Acolytes, warms my heart.
- Food for Friends-helping fellow parishioners, in a time of need, the gratitude and appreciation.
- Vestry retreat-spending the weekend in a peaceful environment, looking to God for Guidance and opening up spiritually to a wonderful group of people who are working towards a common goal.